One of the strangest technologies to emerge in recent years is undoubtedly the smart glasses developed in collaboration between Ray-Ban and Meta. Although this technology is often criticized as odd and potentially misused by many, its popularity is steadily increasing, especially thanks to influencers. Meta, keen on capitalizing on this popularity, is simultaneously working on a new version and aiming to improve the software. In line with these efforts, the company has released the Version 2.0 software update for The Ray-Ban Meta smart glasses. Here are the details…
What’s New in Ray-Ban Meta Smart Glasses Version 2.0?
Setting aside its potential misuse for wrong purposes, the Ray-Ban Meta smart glasses are, in fact, a product with quite high potential. The company aims to break down barriers worldwide through evolving artificial intelligence and image recognition technologies, translating various things from hand gestures to foreign languages. Currently in the beta stage, these features have many eagerly anticipating the upcoming update. Unfortunately, the Version 2.0 software update did not deliver on this promise. Nonetheless, several improvements have been introduced to users, which include:
Image quality improvements:
We’ve made updates to noise reduction, auto exposure, and color rendering. Your photos and videos will look sharper and clearer in lower light, and you’ll see improvements in sharpness and dynamic range for driving and on-the-go captures.
Global volume control:
Now you can control the volume of all sounds in one place on your glasses. We’ve added the ability to control the volume of voice commands and other sounds by swiping up and down on the glasses’ touchpad on your temple arm.
Security and stability improvements.
The first question that comes to users’ minds is how to update Ray-Ban Meta smart glasses. In fact, this is a fairly simple process. All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Open the Meta View app on your smartphone.
- Tap on your glasses icon in the top right corner of the app.
- Scroll down and select “Settings”.
- Under “Device”, tap on “Software Update”.
- If an update is available, you’ll see a “Download” button. Tap on it.
- The download process will begin. Keep your glasses docked and your phone connected to the internet while the update downloads and installs.
- Once the download is complete, you’ll be prompted to restart your glasses. Tap on “Restart”.
- Your glasses will automatically restart and install the update. This process might take a few minutes.